Monday 5 November 2007

Week 6 #15 Learning 2.0 - My Thoughts

I don't consider myself old, however when it comes to current technology at times I feel left behind.
Learning 2.0 has shown me technology I never knew existed and how I can incorporate it in my use of the internet. The other thing I've gained is a better appreciation for what IT Departments do everyday.
Recently I had cause to phone said department with a terminal error, no internet, their suggestion check the connections, power, phone etc. I'm hoping someone else out there has also had visions of bringing down most of Melbourne's power by just wiggling a plug. However, sure enough wiggling the 'blue' lead worked and calm was restored as the problem was with the dreaded 10 minute terminal.
Partaking in Learning 2.0 means gaining confidence and knowledge with internet technology and not feeling old and unable to communicate with my children, younger colleagues and the library users when it comes to the internet.
You need time to fully appreciate what is avilable on the internet so being a 'time poor' mum I imagine there is a whole lot more I could discover if only I had the time to play!

1 comment:

Webgurl said...

Great post. While you might not use everything you've learned at least you can show others and you can pick out the best things to use post L2.0.

Cheers, webgurl