Tuesday 27 November 2007

Week 9 #23 The End Or Just The Beginning

I am a child of the 60's and considered myself computer literate, however I soon discovered there is so much more to learn.

Learning 2.0 gave me the opportunity and excuse to spend time, time us working mum's often don't have to do more than pay bills online, purchase tickets, search ebay and find out the weather.

I did feel guilty 'playing' thinking of all the things I could or should be doing instead of washing, ironing, feeding my children etc.

There were weeks where I felt out of my depth, however I continued and with persistence I was able to discover some unique sites and ones which I didn't understand and will probably have no use for personally. However, our library users will most probably think differently.

I enjoyed Zoho Writer and could see the benefits of such an application in the library setting. Whether I re-visit and update my blog I'm unsure, I'd like to think so. One of my colleagues has actually taken the plunge and continued onto L 2.1.

On one occasion I was unable to complete an extra task of publishing a word processing document I created with Zoho Writer. I sought assistance from a far more technology savvy person than me who also couldn't complete the task.

Blogs, Wiki's, RSS 43 Things, Zoho, Youtube, Sandbox, Tags just to name a few, you never stop learning. I for one love information and was fascinated by the numerous ways that information can be communicated.

Hopefully this doesn't mean that books will become obsolete in libraries, there will always be a place for both books and on-line information technology in our libraries.

Thank you to Lynette and Leslie and my colleagues who assisted me.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Hey Suzanne,

Congratulations on finishing - totally understand about being frustrated with some of the "Things" but I reckon the idea with the whole programme was just to give us a taster of what is available out there.

Cheers, Paul